Lamb GyrosFrom FavoriteFixins 3 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Gyro: shopping list
- 1 pound lean ground lamb shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 large tomato, cut in half and then into slices shopping list
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 whole pita pocket breads, cut in half, warmed shopping list
- cucumber yogurt Sauce: shopping list
- 8-ounce carton plain low-fat yogurt shopping list
- 1/3 cup seeded, chopped cucumber shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare Cucumber Yogurt Sauce: cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, garlic, dried oregano leaves, onion powder, salt and pepper; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into two oval 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Carve each patty into thin slices. Place equal amounts of lamb, tomato and onion in each pita half; serve with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.
- Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Serve with Lamb Gyros.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!