Wild Rice CasseroleFrom bojangles42 6 years ago
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice (you can use broken rice for this recipe) shopping list
- 1 lb hamburger shopping list
- 1 lb ground pork shopping list
- 1 cup dice celery shopping list
- 2 cups dice onion shopping list
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup shopping list
- 2 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 T butter +2 T butter shopping list
- 2 T flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 T soy sauce (more of less to taste) shopping list
- ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the wild rice according to the directions. You should end up with 3-4 cups of cooked rice. Drain well.
- Preheat the of to 375 F
- In a large frying pan, fry the pork and hamburger, crumbled. Drain and add to rice
- In the frying pan add 2 T butter and saute the celery, onion, and mushrooms until tender.
- Add to the meat and rice and mixture well
- Season with the soy sauce and pepper to taste
- Place the mixture in a 9 X 13 dish.
- In the frying pan add the remaining 2T butter and melt
- Add the flour and cook 3 minutes
- Add the milk and cook until slightly thicken 2-3 minutes
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup and ricotta cheese
- Pour over the top of the rice and meat mixture and bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve hot.
The Cookbojangles42 Rochester, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!