German MeatballsFrom NCcook22 6 years ago
- 1 lb chopped meat (80/20 is best) shopping list
- Oil for browning shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/3 beef broth shopping list
- 4 ozs mushroom pieces (canned is OK) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 small container (8 ozs) sour cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the salt, pepper, milk, breadcrumbs, and parsley with the meat and make 24 small meatballs. Brown the meatballs in a large pan, remove them, and drain the pan. Add the broth, onion, and mushrooms to the pan and bring to a boil. Add the meatballs, lower the heat, and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add the sour cream, caraway seeds, and flour and whisk until thickened. Serve over egg noodles if desired.
- PREP NOTE: I find it easier to remove the meatballs before adding and whisking the sour cream, caraway seeds, and flour. Add more caraway seeds for a stronger "rye bread" flavor.
The CookNCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!