Pineapple Mango Rainforest CakeFrom cherikw 9 years ago
- 1 angel food cake mix, the type that adds water only shopping list
- 1 cup mango juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple shopping list
- slivered almonds shopping list
- fresh mango or pineapple pieces optional shopping list
- Icing: shopping list
- 8 oz heavy whipping cream shopping list
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 2 TBL granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar shopping list
- 1 banana, mashed shopping list
- lime or lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine cake mix and mango juice (OMIT water), mix according to package directions. Fold in pineapple. Pour into greased bundt or tube pan. Bake according to package directions.
- Cool before topping.
- Squeeze juice of ½ lemon or lime on banana, and mash well. Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Beat in granulated sugar and cream of tartar.
- Gently fold bananas and confectioners sugar into whipped cream.
- If cake is not yet cool, refrigerate topping until ready.
- Spread on cooled cake.
- Top with slivered almonds
- Garnish with fresh mango or pineapple slices if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The Cookcherikw Durham, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!