Chocolate Strawberry Cream CakeFrom NCcook22 4 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 1 packaged devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 package frozen strawberries (at least 10 ounces) thawed shopping list
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cake: In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, milk, and oil. Beat on medium for 2 minutes and then spread the batter in a 13 X 9-inch, greased cake pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan completely on a wire rack.
- Frosting: Puree the strawberries along with any syrup from the package in a blender or food processor. Poke holes about 1 inch apart using the handle of a wooden spoon on the top of the cake. Spoon the berry puree into the holes in the cake top. Combine the pudding mix and the milk and beat on low for 2 minutes. Chill the pudding for about 5 minutes to thicken. Beat the cream to stiff peaks in a separate bowl. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding gently but thoroughly. Spread the frosting over the cake. Chill overnight or at least 4 hours before serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- PREP NOTES: I added about 1 ounce of rum to the berry puree and added some of the puree to the whipped cream. You may want to whip the cream before making the pudding so that the pudding does not get too thick to fold in the whipped cream.
The CookNCcook22 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!