Asparagus Butter Risooto With ShrimpFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 3 TB unsalted butter,room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 lb asparagus stems,peeled,chopped and blanched;tips set aside shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves,chopped shopping list
- 1 leek,well washed and chopped shopping list
- 1 c aarborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 c white wine shopping list
- 4 to 4-1/2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 16 large shrimp,cleaned,deveined and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 c fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 4 rosemary sprigs,for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- To make asparagus butter: Place 2 TB butter,asparagus stems and basil in food processor fitted with steel blade and puree;set aside.
- To make risotto: Place large,straight-sided,non-reactive stainless stell or nonstick saucepan over med-high heat and when hot,add remaining 1 TB butter. Add garlic,and leek and cook until transparent and soft,7 to 10 mins. Add rice stir till well coated.Add wine and cook until it has been absorbed. Add 2 c chicken broth,1 c at a time,stirring with each addition until liquid is absorbed,about 10 mins.
- Add asparagus tips,shrimp and remaining 2 c chicken broth and cook till the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add asparagus butter,Parmesan cheese,salt and pepper,stirring well after each addition and cook 1 to 2 mins.
- Divide risotto among 4 shallow bowls and serve immediately,garnished with rosemary sprigs.