Pumpernickel BreadFrom babsalaba 3 years ago
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 ½ cups bread flour shopping list
- 1 cup rye flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules shopping list
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed (optional)* shopping list
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- coarse cornmeal shopping list
How to make it
- Add the ingredients in the order recommended by the manufacturer and put it on dough cycle.
- When the dough has finished with the first rise, take it out of the mixing pan and on a counter covered liberally with cornmeal, knead the dough briefly.
- Shape it into a round or a large, long loaf and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for an hour or until it has risen to 1 ½ times its original size.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until loaves are well-browned. See Photo
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!