Steamed Green Beans With Walnut VinaigretteFrom babsalaba 5 years ago
- 2 pounds green beans shopping list
- ½ cup walnut pieces shopping list
- Basic walnut Vinaigrette: shopping list
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons crushed walnut shopping list
- ½ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 T finely minced onion, paper-thin shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced shopping list
- ½ cup walnut oil shopping list
- 2 T canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and sort through the green beans, trimming off the ends and cutting them into 1 or 1½-inch pieces.
- Steam them for 7 minutes, then immediately submerge in an ice-water bath to stop from cooking further. Refrigerate.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing all the vinaigrette ingredients together, shaking well to mix thoroughly.
- Add the vinaigrette to the green beans a bit at a time, tasting until you've got the amount you'd like.
- Toss in the walnut pieces, put the cover back on and shake, mixing well. Refrigerate for an hour or eat right away.
The Cookbabsalaba Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!