Curried Potatoes And ChickpeasFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes,peeled and cut into 3/4" chunks shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 3 TB unsalted butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas,drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 c fried onions (one 2.8 oz can) shopping list
- 1/2 c plain Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro,plus topping for leaves shopping list
- 2 TB fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper,thinly sliced(remove seeds for less heat) shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes,2 tsp salt and enough cold water to cover in a med. saucepan. Bring to boil,then reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are almost tender,3 to 6 mins. Reserve 1 c cooking water and drain potatoes.
- Melt butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Add potatoes and cook,stirring occasionally,until golden,about 8 mins. Stir in the curry powder and cayenne and cook,stirring,30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas.1 c fried onions and 1/2 c reserved cooking water,cook,mashing potatoes with spoon till heated through,about 3 mins. Add more cooking water,if needed. Season with salt.
- Mix yogurt,chopped cilantro,lime juice and 2 TB water in a bowl. Divide potato-chickpea mixture among bowls. Top with yogurt sauce,remaining cup of fried onions,sliced jalapenos and cilantro leaves.