Roast Chicken With Egg StuffingFrom noxes 4 years ago
- 1 medium to large whole raw roasting chicken shopping list
- 6 eggs, boiled, cooled and peeled shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tsp poulty seasoning shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- ANY other herbs or flavors preffered in a roasted chicken! shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, olive oil or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- For greater flavors, massage butter all over chicken and season. Seal the chicken in a ziploc bad and marinade with seasonings overnight. Vegtables for side dishes can also be added. Avoid too much liquid, sticking with a dry-type rub
- Pre-heat oven to 375/190
- Carefully take whole peeled HARD boiled eggs and onions and stuff the chicken with as many as possible (without splitting the eggs. (1-2 eggs will fit nicely in the back as well)
- Truss the opening with skewars or poultry string
- Place chicken on a small rack inside a roadting pan
- Bake covered for about 60 min to 75 min ensuring no pink remains and juices run clear - or use a meat thermometer for an internal tempature of minimum 165 degrees
- For a browner, crisper skin uncover for the last 10-15 minutes
- To serve, simply place in a platter and open the chicken, for presentation allow the eggs to spill onto the plate - this looks really neat if spilled onto a bed of garnish - think of a "nest" for the chicken and eggs!
- This produces an amazing chicken and egg-infused flavor, and the whole eggs keeps the meat very tender. Much better then one would excpect!
- Serve alongside your favorite sides: potatoes, vegtables, rice etc etc.
The Cooknoxes Calgary, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!