Chicken Kicken Some Grilled CheeseFrom mrcooksalot 4 years ago
- 2 Grilled breasts of chicken shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped canned chipotle chilies shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mild-flavored (light) molasses shopping list
- 12 3/4-inch-thick slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 18 ounces extra-sharp New York cheddar cheese, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices shopping list
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves shopping list
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature shopping list
How to make it
- Grill 2 medium breasts of chicken on medium high heat ,cool and shred
- Blend tomato paste, chilies, and molasses in processor until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon chipotle mixture over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Arrange 6 bread slices, chipotle side up, on work surface. Divide half of cheese among bread slices. Top with chicken, tomatoes, then onion, cilantro, and remaining cheese. Top sandwiches with remaining bread, chipotle side down. Spread butter on outside of sandwich tops and bottoms.
- Heat 2 large griddles over medium heat. Place 3 sandwiches on each griddle; cook until bread is golden and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes per side.