Squares: Pecan Pie SquaresFrom twill10 6 years ago
- Squares: pecan Pie Squares shopping list
- List of Ingredients shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 4 large egg whites shopping list
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, granulated sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press flour mixture evenly into bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray, using a piece of plastic wrap to press mixture firmly into pan. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a medium bowl. Stir one-fourth warm syrup mixture into eggs; add to remaining warm syrup mixture. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour mixture over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set (the filling will puff up as it bakes but will deflate as it becomes set). Remove from oven; cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- YIELD: 16 Squares
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!