Hollandaise SauceFrom twill10 3 years ago
- Hollandaise Sauce shopping list
- What You Need shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) firm cold butter, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. sweet paprika shopping list
- Dash pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Here’s How
- WHISK egg yolks, water and lemon juice in small saucepan until blended. COOK over very low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles at the edges.
- STIR IN butter, 1 piece at a time, until butter is melted and until sauce is thickened. REMOVE from heat immediately.
- STIR in salt, paprika and pepper. SERVE immediately.
- Hollandaise Sauce is classically served over Eggs Benedict, asparagus and salmon.
- Insider Info
- Egg yolks thicken the sauce and hold the butter and lemon juice in an emulsion. If the egg yolks are overcooked, the sauce will curdle. It's important to use very low heat and to stir constantly. Cold butter, added very gradually, slows the cooking process and helps prevent curdling
People Who Like This Dish 0
- twill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!