Bacon, Spinach And Mushroom QuicheFrom ethoits 5 years ago
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped baby spinach, stems removed shopping list
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms, such as baby bella or button shopping list
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 1 pie crust shopping list
For the Crust
- 1.5 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tbs cold butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup cold lard shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Cool, crumble and set aside. Leave 1 tbs of the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Cook the mushrooms in the rendered bacon fat until just soft. Set aside to cool.
- Layer the spinach, cheese, bacon and mushrooms in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Thoroughly beat the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the layered spinach, cheese, bacon and mushrooms.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the egg has set all the way through.
For the Crust
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the butter and lard and work it in your hands until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the water, a little at a time, using your hands until the dough comes together in the palm of your hand. Do not over work the dough.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll out the dough to desired thickness.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookethoits Manchester, N.H.
- Not added to any groups yet!