Roasted Red Pepper & Potato SoupFrom cheffiona 4 years ago
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped, shopping list
- 1 small carrot, diced shopping list
- 1 celery stalk, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Arrowroot or you can use flour shopping list
- 1 48 fluid ounce can chicken broth shopping list
- 3 medium potatoes, diced shopping list
- 1 cup half and half, or fresh cream shopping list
- 1 (6 ounce jar roasted red bell peppers) drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme or you can use dried shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in the olive oil.
- 2. Saute the onion, garlic, carrot, celery, for about 5 minutes until the onion is lightly browned.
- 3. Stir in the garlic and continue to cook for about 1 minute.
- 4. Mix in the arrowroot.
- 5. Whisk in the chicken broth and bring it to a boil.
- 6. Place the potatoes in the pot and reduce the heat to low and cook for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- 7. Mix the half and half or fresh cream into the pot. Stir in the roasted red peppers.
- 8. Season with thyme, salt, pepper.
- 9. Continue cooking until heated through.
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!