Country-fried Breaded Pork Chops Or Pork Steak RecipeFrom twill10 4 years ago
- Country-fried Breaded Pork Chops or Pork Steak Recipe shopping list
- Pork shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 loin or rib pork chops, cut 1/2" thick and trimmed of excess fat shopping list
- 2 TBS cooking oil ( I would use enough oil to float the meat a little) shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup unsifted flour shopping list
- 1 egg mixed with cold water shopping list
- 1 cup toasted, seasoned bread crumbs,(you can ship this and double dip in flour if you like). shopping list
- Country Gravy: (optional) shopping list
- 3 TBS flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt (about) shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge chops with the flour, salt and pepper and coat evenly, then dip in the egg and water mixture, and then in the bread crumbs. Let dry on a rack for about 10 min. at room temperature. Panfry in heavy skillet brushed with oil. NOTE: use two skillets if needed to keep from overcrowding pan. Brown the chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Turn heat to low and cook chops uncovered 10-15 minutes, turning frequently until no trace of pink remains. Transfer to a hot platter and make gravy. GRAVY: Drain all but 2 TBS drippings
- from skillet, blend in flour and brown lightly over moderately low heat. Add milk gradually and heat, stirring until thickened. Season to taste. Spoon gravy over chops. Makes 4 servings.
- About 405 calories a serving.
- Being from the South I would have to serve this with some fluffy white rice, blackeyed peas and some turnip greens, oh yes dont forget the cornbread!
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
The Rating2 people
Our recipes are so much alike!FavoriteFixins in Daytona Beach loved it
Very good, your recipe for the gravy exactly like grandma's and now mine. I normally double dredge in the flour so I decided to try the bread crumb method. My Grandma who liked to country fry everything would have approved.JoeyJoan in Burlington county loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!