Hubby's Favorite Stuffed Green PeppersFrom kathleen0406 4 years ago
- * 4 Large green bell peppers shopping list
- * 1 lb ground hot italian sausage shopping list
- * 1 8 oz can of basil and garlic flavored tomato sauce shopping list
- * 1 6 oz box Long Grain and wild rice-prepared according to package directions. shopping list
- * 1/2 cup of Fresh Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- * 1 cup of Shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Wash peppers, and cut the knobs off the bottom of the peppers so they sit flat.
- 3. Slice the top off the pepper and remove the seeds and ribs.
- 4. Cook Italian Sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned and cooked through.
- 5. Add in cooked wild rice and tomato sauce.
- 6. Simmer for about 5 minutes until entire mixture is warmed through.
- 7. Remove from heat and add Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
- 8. Stuff each pepper until mixture reaches the top of the pepper.
- 9. Place peppers in a foil lined baking dish.
- 10. Top each pepper with 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- 11. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until cheese browns.
The Cookkathleen0406 Marion, IA
- Not added to any groups yet!