Chocolate Croissants Pudding With Whiskey Sauce - A Nice Dessert To Include In Thanksgiving And X'mas MenuFrom quaypocooks 5 years ago
- Ingredients for whiskey Sauce: shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- ⅛ tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 oz. bourbon whiskey shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2.5 ounces butter shopping list
- Ingredients for Pudding: shopping list
- 8 pcs frozen large croissants shopping list
- 2 c. half and half shopping list
- 2 c. whole low fat milk shopping list
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 4 lrg Large eggs at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Method to make Whiskey Sauce:
- Bring water to a boil. Add sugar and stir constantly until completely dissolved. Add vanilla and bourbon & bring back to a boil. Beat eggs in a stainless bowl, put half of the syrup into eggs and stir continuously. Pour eggs back into syrup.Cut butter into small pieces and stir until fully melted into sauce. Cool down in ice bath and store in proper container.
- Method to make chocolate pudding:
- Heat oven to 325F or 160C. Generously grease an 11 3/4 x 7 1/3 x 1 3/4-in. baking dish or possibly other shallow 2-qt baking dish. Slice top third off each croissant and reserve. Cut or possibly tear rest of croissants in small pcs. Heat half and half and low fat milk till steaming (take care it doesn't boil over). Remove from heat, add in 1 3/4 c. chocolate chips. Let stand till melted. Stir to mix (there will be specks of chocolate throughout). Whisk Large eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in warm chocolate mix. Add in croissant pcs, pushing them down into the custard. Pour into prepared baking dish. Arrange reserved croissant tops on top. Scatter remaining 1/4 c. chocolate chips on top. Bake 25 to 35 min till center of custard is still soft and jiggles slightly when dish is shaken. Serve hot or possibly at room temperature.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!