Tuna FrittersFrom Yinhomemade 3 years ago
- 210g can tuna in oil, drained, flaked (Or red Salmon ) shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped finely shopping list
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly shopping list
- 1/3 cup (50g) Self raising flour shopping list
- ½ medium carrot, peeled and grated shopping list
- 3-4 potato (about 2 cups), peeled and grated shopping list
- ½ tsp salt, sprinkle of pepper shopping list
- ½ cup of cooking oil shopping list
- Lemon wedges for serving shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine the tuna (Salmon), onion, parsley, eggs, grated carrot and flour in a medium bowl.
- 2. Peel potatoes using largest holes of a hand held grater, grate the potatoes into the mixture. Potatoes discolour very quickly, so do this just before cooking.
- 3. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir well. Depending on the liquid of the canned fish, you may need to sprinkle a little more flour but the fritters should be moist and tender.
- 4. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan; drop rounded tablespoons of the mixture into the pan; fry fritters in batches, until golden brown on both sides and firm. Drain on paper towels.
- 5. Serve the tuna fritters with mayonnaise mixture and lemon wedges, if desired