Beef Cheeks Stew With DumplingsFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 package (about 1 1/2 lbs.) beef cheecks shopping list
- 1 carton of beef stock or 6 cups homemade shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- kosher salt as desired shopping list
- white pepper shopping list
- seasoned flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup Madiera wine shopping list
- 4 large fresh carrots peeled and cut in chunks shopping list
- 1 pkg. frozen dumplings shopping list
- 1 pkg frozen peas shopping list
- oil shopping list
How to make it
- While stew is cooking in pressure cooker have a large kettle of water and beef broth granules brought to boiling to make dumplings just before ready to serve.
- Cut beef cheeks in chunks and dredge in seasoned flour
- Heat oil in pressure cooker on med high heat
- Add beef and stir for a minute
- Then slowly add broth and wine mixture making a thin gravy
- Add carrots and pressure cook for 35-40 minutes
- While pressure cooker is cooling off, cook the dumplings.
- Drain and add to stew with peas, cooking on low until gravy reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve with salad and hot Rhodes Butter rolls.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!