German PancakeFrom chefloren 4 years ago
- 3 Large eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Tbls sugar shopping list
- 1 C warmed milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 Tbls unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 C A/P flour shopping list
- 2 tsp shortening shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, sugar, milk vanilla and butter. Whisk in the flour to male a smooth batter. Set aside.
- Heat a well-seasoned 10" cast-iron skillet in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove and brush the inside with the shortening. Pour in your batter. bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temp to 350. and continue baking until puffed and golden brown. ( about 13 to 15 minutes more.) Run a knife around the edge of the skillet and slide onto a plate. Squeeze the juice of a lemon 1/4 onto the pancake and sift on the powdered sugar.