Carrot Apple Ginger MuffinsFrom eyecook 6 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup sucanat or brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 t baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 t baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 2 T orange juice shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups grated carrots shopping list
- 1 medium apple, grated shopping list
- 2 t fresh orange zest (use an organic orange if at all possible) shopping list
- 2 t fresh grated ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- For my muffin tin I use "If You Care" baking cups - NOTHING sticks. Really. They are so worth getting - almost magic. I just pop them in the muffin tin. This recipe uses a standard size muffin tin (12 muffins) and the Large Size "If You Care" cups. If you don't want to use liners, grease the muffin tins lightly.
- Mix together in large bowl the flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Grate the carrots, and apple and add the orange juice and zest.
- In a medium bowl stir the melted butter, eggs and vanilla till very well blended and add to grated carrots mixture.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry till well incorporated but not over mixed. The batter will seem too thick and you'll be thinking - is this right? Don't worry, it is.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins. There should be enough to fill them almost even with the top. That's ok too.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes till toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack, not in the muffin tin otherwise moisture will condense between the tin and the muffin cup and it'll get soggy.