Rosemary Lemon-infused VinegarFrom chefmal 6 years ago
How to make it
- Sterilize your bottles or jars and let them dry thoroughly. You'll find articles that tell you to microwave them, douse them in bleach or bake them, but I wash them with regular soap, submerge them in a pot with soapy water and boil them for about 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water and let them air dry.
- Rinse and pat the rosemary sprigs dry with paper towels.
- Slightly bruise the herb sprigs and stuff them into the bottle. Fill the bottle about 1/3 full with them. Take the lemon slices and squeeze them into the bottle as well. You needn't squeeze them unless the mouth of your bottle is wide enough for them to pass without squeezing. Shake the bottle a little when everything's in there, to distribute them.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil and carefully pour into the bottle and over the herbs and lemon. Fill to within ½ of the top of the bottle or jar.
- Allow to cool and seal the bottles.
- Keep refrigerated and allow to steep for 1 - 2 weeks.
- Herbs and flowers can be strained out, to prolong the life of your vinegar.
- You don't actually have to use rosemary and lemon, my bottle just had lemons on it and I wanted to keep continuity. You can use anything, really. Use your imagination and knowledge of what your gift recipient likes. Have fun and have a happy, healthy Christmas!
People Who Like This Dish 2
- californiacook CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!