Beef & Artichoke StewFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 1 lb. beef stew meat shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- kosher salt & fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon greek oregano shopping list
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 large yukon gold potato, peeled and cubed shopping list
- handful of petite carrots (or 1 large carrot, cubed) shopping list
- a handful of strawberry tomatoes, quartered (any tomato will do) shopping list
- 1 turkish bay leaf shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 fresh globe artichoke hearts, quartered and steamed with 1/2 a lemon (you can use frozen) shopping list
- 6 white mushrooms, quartered & sauteed in a little butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced shopping list
How to make it
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Shake in a bag with the flour. Remove from bag and brown in oil on all sides in dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add onion and saute until soft then add oregano, carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and stock. Bring to a boil then lower to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- After 1 1/2 hours, add the steamed artichoke hearts and sauteed mushrooms. Taste sauce and adjust seasonings if needed. Simmer for one more hour.
- If using olives, add at the very end of cooking, along with most of the parsley. Ladle stew into shallow bowls and garnish with remaining parsley.