True Belgian Waffles RecipeFrom mrcooksalot 5 years ago
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 3/4 cups warm milk, divided shopping list
- 3 eggs, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in 1/4 cup warm milk.
- Beat the egg whites just until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, 1/4 cup of the remaining milk, the melted butter and the sugar. Add the yeast mixture, salt, vanilla, and then alternate between the flour and remaining milk.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter.
- Cover the batter without touching it, and then set it in a warm place to rise until it doubles in volume, about 1 hour.
- Cook in a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
- Not added to any groups yet!