Rice Cooker Chicken FlorentineFrom nativeprincess 6 years ago
- 1 cup rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 4 tbsp minced dried onion shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic powder (more if you like) shopping list
- 6 or more chicken tenders (depends on size of rice cooker) shopping list
- fresh spinach, aproximately 1/2 of a bag shopping list
- 1 cup Parmesean, grated shopping list
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup,(or cream of chicken) (OR I've been wanting to try my homemade tomato sauce (marinara) instead of the soup, when I do, Ill let you know how it turns out!) shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayo shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzerella shopping list
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- canola oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place approximately 3 tbsb oil in the bottom of the rice cooker, swirl to coat. Add 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 3 tbsp minced dried onion & 1 teas garlic powder, and a little salt.
- Oil pan that goes on top of the rice cooker, place chicken tenders in it. Salt, pepper and sprinkle more garlic powder on chicken. Place lid on cooker.
- After about 10 minutes of cooking, turn chicken. Place spinach on top of chicken, add a little more garlic. Place lid and cook a little longer...You might need to set the cook button again if it has gone to warm. (I usually check for rice sticking, you might need to add a little more water)
- When chicken & rice are done, add the chicken & spinach to rice, Add Parmesean, soup, mayo. Top with shredded Mozzerella.
- Use either the cook button or warm button (will take longer to melt cheese) to melt the cheese.