Blueberry Cream Cheese TartFrom quaypocooks 2 years ago
- Crust: (note: your favorite graham crust will do very well here, while we prefer the following sweetened crust for this tart) shopping list
- 1/2 cup (63 g) powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (188 g) all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup (170 g) butter, softened shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 ounces (170 g) cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup (126 g) powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup (56 g) castor sugar shopping list
- 1 can blueberry pie filling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Combine powdered sugar, flour, and butter in a food processor, or combine in a mixing bowl with a blending fork until mixture is crumbly and less than pea sized and can easily be pressed into a ball between your hands. Roll out dough for an un-greased 12-inch tart pan or, cut dough ball into 4 equal parts and simply press each piece into individual, shallow, five inch ramekins, slightly buttered. Take care to press into indentations.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly browned, using pie weights or dried beans to fill the crust, to prevent it from buckling. Allow to completely cool on a rack and remove the weights.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with the powdered sugar using a fork or a mixer until thoroughly blended. Clean the mixer utensils for next step.
- In a separate bowl, add the heavy cream and the caster sugar. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Using a rubber spatula fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled pie shell and top it with blueberry pie filling or blueberry preserves. Refrigerate until well chilled and firmed. Serve with a sprig of mint leaf, thinly sliced strawberries if available, sliced maraschino cherries, or a dollop of whipped cream on top.
The Cookquaypocooks Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- Not added to any groups yet!