Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom Fanml4me 4 years ago
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats (measure, then blend to a fine powder in blender or food processor) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips shopping list
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate "chunks" shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and both sugars, mixing with an electric mixture until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well at each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, blended oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well. Add to butter mixture, a bit at a time, until well blended. Add chocolate chips, chocolate chunk pieces, and pecans. Stir well to combine. Batter will be quite substantial and thick.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure out level scoops of batter and place on lightly greased cookie sheets ("air bake" cookie sheets work best), about 1-2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 9 minutes, until cookies are set and just beginning to brown on top. Once removed from oven, let cookies rest on sheets for about 15 minutes, then remove to racks to finish cooling completely.
- This cooking process, combined with the addition of oats to the batter, produces a very dense cookie with just slightly crisp edges, but soft and chewy on the inside. They are best eaten within 48 hours - this is usually not a problem!
The CookFanml4me San Luis Obispo, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!