Insanely Hot Pickled PeppersFrom cmnjersey 3 years ago
- 2 lbs jalapenos - sliced shopping list
- 2 lbs habanero peppers - sliced shopping list
- 6 cups white vinegar shopping list
- 3 cups red wine vinegar shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic - minced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic - halved shopping list
- 5tsp pickling spice shopping list
- 5tb bhut jolokia powder shopping list
- 1 medium onion - chopped shopping list
- 3 tb olive oil shopping list
- 5 qt canning jars shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, heat oil, add onion and 8 cloves minced garlic saute' until soft add vinegars and water and bring to a boil.
- While bringing the vinegar mix to a boil, pack peppers into jars and add 1 clove halved garlic, 1tsp pickling spice and 1 tb bhut jolokia powder to each jar.
- Fill jars with vinegar/water mixture.
- Seal with lids.
- Store in cool dark area for 8 weeks and enjoy.
- ***you could also put in the fridge and enjoy right away but that will take away from the flavor.