Atkin's Zucchini FritataFrom otterpond 2 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini (raw) shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onion shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 Large egg shopping list
- 4 oz Crumbled goat cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp red pepper, Crushed shopping list
- 1 tbsp Milled Flax shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 12-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook zucchini 10 minutes, turning slices as they brown.
- Add green onion; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes, until zucchini is golden and tender; transfer to a bowl and toss with the milled flax, Wipe down skillet.
- Heat broiler with rack in upper level (but not the closest to heat source).
- Whisk eggs, water, goat cheese, basil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add egg mixture and cook 1 1/2 minutes to set bottom. See Photo
- Spoon zucchini mixture evenly over top; reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes until edge is set and puffed.
- Uncover, transfer to broiler and broil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, just until top is set and lightly golden. See Photo
- Nutrition Info At: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/atkins-zucchini-frittata-phase-i/#ixzz1B24fw9Je
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!