Oven-roasted Salmon, Asparagus And New PotatoesFrom frankieanne 3 years ago
- 1 lb. small new potatoes, scrubbed clean and halved (I used three medium Yukon Golds and quartered them) shopping list
- 2 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- ½ lb. medium asparagus, trimmed and sliced on the diagonal, 1” long pieces (I used a bundle – I don’t know how much it weighed) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh dill (I didn’t have any) shopping list
- 1 strip of lemon zest shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, coarsely chopped shopping list
- ½ tsp. salt shopping list
- freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 salmon steaks (10 oz. each), cut about 1” thick (I had a 1 lb. fillet that I skinned and cut into thirds) shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into large wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a large shallow baking dish (10 x 14 inch) coat the potatoes with olive oil. Arrange the potatoes, cut side down, in the baking dish and roast for 10-12 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown on the bottom. Turn the potatoes over and roast another 10 minutes until browned on the top. Remove the baking dish from the oven.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with the chopped dill, lemon zest, garlic, salt and season with pepper to taste (I just did this in the baking dish rather than mess up a bowl). Add the asparagus mixture to the potatoes and stir to combine.
- Push the vegetables to the side of the dish to make room for the salmon steaks. Return the baking dish to the oven and roast the salmon and asparagus for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the fish is just cooked through. See Photo
- If you want, remove the skin and center bones and arrange on individual plates before serving. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon wages.
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!