Lentil ChiliFrom Kathicooks 2 years ago
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided (or a combination broth and low-sodium V-8 juice to equal 8 cups) shopping list
- 1 med. to lg. yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-2 large red peppers (I used orange and green) shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 spoonful of canned adobo tomatoes w/sauce (OPTIONAL but good) shopping list
- 2 15 oz. cans petite-diced or diced tomatoes, with liquid shopping list
- 5 tsp. salt-free chili seasoning (such as Williams) shopping list
- 1 16 oz. bag brown OR green lentils shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot over med-high heat, bring 3/4 c. vegetable broth to boil and add onion, peppers and garlic. Cook and stir about 5 minutes, until onion is translucent. Stir in chili seasoning and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add lentils, tomatoes and remaining 7 and 1/4 cups broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med-low, and cover. Cook for 30 minutes. Uncover, stir, and allow to cook 10 minutes longer.
The CookKathicooks Shawnee Mission, Kansas
- Not added to any groups yet!