Zorba's Stuffed PeppersFrom otterpond 3 years ago
- 1 lb ground beef 90/10 shopping list
- 10 oz Frozen Fresh Chopped spinach shopping list
- 2 cups squash - zucchini shopping list
- 3/4 cup red onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 1 cup white mushroom, Raw shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp oregano, Dried shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 large green bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup feta cheese shopping list
- 1 cup tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup diced tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, spinach, zucchini, onion, garlic, mushrooms, egg, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes together,
- Arrange the pepper halves cut side up in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and fill each pepper half with the meat mixture. Pour the tomatoes over the peppers and sprinkle with the feta cheese. See Photo
- As shown I used the Tarragon Tomato sauce from this recipe Grilled Chicken With Tomato Tarragon Sauce which worked out quite well. Just a choice on tomato saucing.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until the meat mixture is completely cooked and the peppers are tender, about 25 minutes longer.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!