Chicken Roll-upsFrom jgnat 2 years ago
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped kale (or parsley) shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, green onion, or chives shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel (optional) shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed through a garlic press shopping list
- 4 toothpicks shopping list
How to make it
- Combine lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in casserole dish.
- Pound chicken to 3/8 inch thickness. Place chicken in lemon mixture; turn to coat. Cover; marinate in refrigerator at least thirty minutes. I did this in the morning before I left for work.
- Prepare grill for direct grilling. I warmed up my George Foreman (C) grill. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Discard chicken marinade, wash out casserole dish.
- Combine kale, cheese, onion, lemon peel and garlic in small bowl. Spread 1/4 of the kale mixture over each chicken breast, within one inch of the edge. Starting at the narrow end, roll chicken to enclose filling; secure with toothpicks
- Grill chicken about three minutes. Transfer back to casserole dish, and put in oven for fifteen more minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove toothpicks; slice each chicken breast in to pieces.
- Serve with a fresh salad or braised vegetables.
The Cookjgnat Grande Cache, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!