Apple And Black Bean SaladFrom gkwillow 4 years ago
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola or olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/2 large Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onion and red bell pepper in the hot oil until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes; season with cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Scrape into a mixing bowl; stir in the black beans, apples, lemon juice, and cilantro. Refrigerate until cold before serving.
- (If you chop the apples a while before mixing them into the rest of the ingredients, mix the lemon juice with them while they wait to avoid browning.)