Perchy Keen Fish TacosFrom icecreamuffin 5 years ago
- 8 small corn tortillas shopping list
- 4 filets ocean perch, thawed shopping list
- 1 small white onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup teriyaki shopping list
- 3 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice shopping list
- tumeric, cumin, coriander, ancho chili powder, garlic powder shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 can black beans shopping list
- 1 can pinto beans shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Boil 2 & 1/2 cups of water, and add brown rice and liberal amounts of the spices, stirring well. Bring back up to a simmer and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Pour both cans of beans into a medium saucepan, and warm slowly.
- Dice bell pepper, tomatoes and avocado, mix together gently in a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste.
- Pat perch filets dry with a paper towel. Rub filets with garlic powder and a bit of pepper. In a large saute pan, heat olive oil. Chop up onion, add to saute pan. Quickly brown perch filets; about 2 minutes on each side, then turn down the heat and add teriyaki, soy sauce, and the rest of the lemon juice. Mash the fish with a wooden spoon, as you would ground meat, and remove from heat.
- In a small fry pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and fry 1 tortilla at a time until golden, but still flexible.
- On each tortilla, layer rice, beans, fish, then salsa. Squeeze any remaining lemon juice over the top and enjoy!
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!