Almost fat-free Colorful Chicken StewFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1 can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into about 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 5 medium carrots, chopped shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green pepper or sweet red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I don't grow my own so I just use the canned.) shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, can use low-sodium bouillon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups cold water shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch and water.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water.
- Stir cornstarch and water mixture into chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- If your slow cooker is like mine, check that the potatoes are soft!