Roasted Red Pepper Tapenade With Roasted Onions & GarlicFrom chefpriyanka 5 years ago
- 2 red peppers- diced into 1 inch chunks shopping list
- 1 medium white onion- diced into chunks shopping list
- 1 head of garlic- top trimmed off shopping list
- 3-4 dried cayenne chilies shopping list
- 1 tbsp tahini shopping list
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice- preferably fresh shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil- more or less depending on consistency shopping list
- warm water- couple tbsp shopping list
- salt- to taste shopping list
- coarse black pepper- few grinds shopping list
- PAM olive Oil Flavor shopping list
- lemon rinds- for garnishing shopping list
How to make it
- 1. On a baking sheet place a small piece of foil and place head of garlic. Spray with PAM and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil to create a packet. On the remaining portion of the sheet, add onions, peppers and chilies. Spray with PAM, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss so each piece is coated. Place in oven on broil and cook for about 10-12 minutes, shaking the tray half way thru, so the vegetables cook evenly. Remove and cool before handling. Garlic should be soft and easily squeezable thru the skin.
- 2. Once the vegetables are cool, peel off an excessively charred parts and place into a food processor. Squeeze in all the garlic cloves, making sure not to get any of the skin in. Add roasted chilies, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until chunky-smooth. Blend on low and add a little warm water until its smoother. Blending a little faster, drizzle in olive oil until the dip comes together and is smoother, but not pureed. You want it to have texture. Taste for salt and lemon juice.
- 3. Place on a serving platter and top with lemon rinds and serve with pita chips, vegetables, crackers or with falafel!
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!