Creamed Cauliflower (mashed Potato Substitute)From Pumpkin_Tokyo 3 years ago
- 1 head cauliflower shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 clove garlic-crushed shopping list
- 1/2 cups almond milk (unflavored and unsweetened) shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 cups chopped chives shopping list
- hot sauce or paprika (a splash) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot bring to boil the 4 cups of vegetable broth and add enough water to fill the pot. Cut up the cauliflower into smaller peices, place all the cauliflower and the crushed garlic in the pot, cover for about 20 minutes-or until the cauliflower is VERY tender.
- Drain and blot the cauliflower well with paper towel (you can save the broth to make a soup for later that day).
- In a sauce pan, heat milk, butter and salt till warm (don't bring to a boil)
- Put the still warm cauliflower and garlic in the blender, with the warmed milk mixture. Blend till smooth, add pepper and onion powerder. mix. Stir in chives and hot sauce/paprika to taste.
- REJOICE over the amount of carbs you just saved yourself!
People Who Like This Dish 11
The CookPumpkin_Tokyo Portland, Or
- Not added to any groups yet!