Creamy New York Style CheesecakeFrom laplor 2 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (not light) at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 4 eggs, room temperature shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 500 ml sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup white sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, sugar, egg, and butter or margarine.
- Spread in the bottom and part way up the sides of a well-greased 10” springform pan.
- Prick with a fork and bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Cream the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar, and flour. Beat only until smooth (about 2 minutes). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating about 30 seconds after each addition. Add vanilla and cream of tartar.
- Pour the batter into the chilled crust and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then lower the temperature to 200F and continue to bake for 45 minutes or until slightly firm but with a wobbly wet-looking centre. Cool on a rack for five minutes, while preparing the topping
- Mix sour cream, flavouring and sugar together until smooth.
- Pour over cheesecake from edges to centre.
- Bake for 5 more minutes.
- Turn the oven off and allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven for about an hour before removing to a rack to cool completely. Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight before serving. Top with fruit, pie filling, and/or whipped cream, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cooklaplor Fredericton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!