Mexican Smothered Chicken ThighsFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 1 c flour shopping list
- 1 TB seasoned salt shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 c 2% milk shopping list
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 TB olive oil shopping list
- 1 med. onion,chopped shopping list
- 2 jalapeno peppers,seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 cans (8 oz ea.) tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
- 1 TB chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- In shallow bowl,combine flour,sesoned salt,salt and pepper. Place milk in seperate shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour mixture,then dip in milk and coat again with flour mixture.
- In large skillet,brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to greased 13x9" baking dish.
- In same skillet,saute onion and jalapenos until tender. Add tomato sauce,water and spices. Bring to boil. Reduce heat;simmer,uncovered,for 5 mins or till thickened,stirring occasionally. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350' for 30-35 mins or till chicken juices run clear.
- I like to top with sliced black olives and shreeded cheese when cover comes off and put back in oven till cheese melts...