Valentine's Roasted Beef Tenderloin With Rosemary, Wine And Chocolate SauceFrom robynbee 2 years ago
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin roast shopping list
- pinch of salt and pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion shopping list
- 1 carrot and 1 celery stalk, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups of red wine shopping list
- 2 cups of beef broth shopping list
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 bay leaf and 1 sprig of thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp of fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Season the meat with salt and pepper. In a pan, heat half of the olive oil. Add the chopped onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Add the meat and sear until browned on all sided. This will seal in the juices. Transfer the meat to a baking sheet and bake at 425F for 30 minutes for medium rare. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- While the meat cooks, using the pan with the onion, carrots, celery and garlic mixture, add the wine, broth and tomato paste and cook over a medium-high heat. Add the bay leaf and thyme and cook the liquid until it reduces to about ½ to ¾ of a cup or about 30 minutes. Strain through a fine strainer. Stir in the cocoa and rosemary with a bit more salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a couple slices of beef tenderloin.
The Cookrobynbee Gatineau, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!