Elegant Beef StewFrom hamildn 6 years ago
- 1 lb boneless cubed beef for stew shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground Ancho Chile pepper shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup Burgundy shopping list
- 2 14 ounce cans beef broth shopping list
- 12 juniper berries shopping list
- 1 tsp terragon shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp peppercorn medley (McCormick grinder) shopping list
- 1 small carrot finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 red bell pepper finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and Ancho Chile pepper in bowl.
- Toss beef cubes in flour mixture to fully coat. (reserve any flour mixture remaining in bowl to use at end, before serving, to thicken liquid as desired)
- Melt butter in skillet to medium high heat and fry beef cubes in butter, turning to brown all sides.
- remove beef from skillet, wrap in aluminum foil and put in warm oven to keep warm.
- Deglaze skillet with Burgundy.
- Add beef broth, Juniper berries, terragon, thyme and garlic to skillet.
- Bring to boil, sprinkle peppercorn medley in skillet and reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Skim through liquid with sieve spoon/slotted spoon (or any other preferred method) to remove Juniper berries and any strainable particles.
- Return beef to skillet, add carrot and bell pepper, mix well and continue to simmer for an additional 20 minuets.
The Cookhamildn Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!