Breakfast Garbage CasseroleFrom bakermanrooster 6 years ago
- 1 pound of bacon cut into small pieces with kitchen scissors. shopping list
- 5 or 6 potatoes finely shredded. shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper. shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper. shopping list
- 1 medium to large onion according to your taste. shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup of hot Pace Picante Sauce according to your taste. shopping list
- 1 block of shredded Habenero cheese. shopping list
- 8 eggs. shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon of freshly ground Black pepper (divided) shopping list
- 1 can of Pam baking spray (don't use the whole can LOL). shopping list
- 2 cans of biscuits I used buttermilk (flavored) 10 count each. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and cook until it is crisp.
- Then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- While the bacon is cooking shred the potatoes and cut up your bell peppers.
- After removing the bacon add your potatoes to the grease and cook with the lid on for approximately 10 minutes then add your onion and bell peppers and bacon to the potatoes and half of the pepper.
- Cook this mixture until the peppers and onion are tender.
- Remove the potato mixture and transfer it to a large casserole dish I used a large Aluminum one sprayed with Pam baking spray.
- Whisk the 8 eggs add the Pace to it and whisk until completely mixed.
- Pour it over the potato mixture and mix it throughly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the Black pepper over the entire casserole.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Cover the casserole with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Pull the casserole out of the oven after the 25 minutes remove the foil and raise the oven temp to 400 degrees.
- Top the casserole with the biscuits and return to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are browned to your liking.
- You can cook this the night before and let it cool then cover and refrigerate, or cook the morning you make it I think its better if you let it set over night and let the flavors marry. THEN GET A BIG GLASS OF MILK AND ENJOY.
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!