Ginger SnapsFrom slsexton 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 dark molasses shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour* shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves shopping list
- *Can use all-purpose flour. I only had whole wheat so used it. They turned out great. Slightly less sticky when forming balls than you may expect. shopping list
How to make it
- Cream the shortening and sugar in a mixer
- Add the egg and molasses; mix well
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour, soda and spices.
- Add to wet molasses mixture and mix until blended.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and put on baking sheet.
- Bake 350' for 12 minutes or until cracked and slightly flattened.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookslsexton Roseville, California
- Not added to any groups yet!