Crab And Shrimp Stuffed ShellsFrom mbelisle 5 years ago
- 48 uncooked jumbo pasta shells shopping list
- 1 finely chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided shopping list
- 4 cans crabmeat (6 ounces each) drained shopping list
- 1 package frozen cooked shrimp (1 pound) thawed shopping list
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 4 tablespoons plus 6 cups milk, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons seafood seasoning, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta according to package directions. There will be a few extra shells which is good since some always split or break apart.Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, shrimp, egg, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, 6 tablespoons milk, 1 1/2 tablespoons seafood seasoning, pepper and green pepper.
- Drain and rinse pasta; stuff each shell with 1 rounded tablespoon of seafood mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish sprayed liberally with nonstick spray.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and coarsely ground pepper; gradually whisk in remaining milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and remaining mozzerella cheese.
- Pour over stuffed shells. Sprinkle with remaining seafood seasoning. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.