Carnation Milk DessertFrom doreenfish 4 years ago
- ients shopping list
- 26 graham wafers crushed fine shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 c butter shopping list
- 1 pkg (3 oz) lemon jello shopping list
- 1/2 c hot water shopping list
- 1 lemon, grated rind and the juice shopping list
- 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1 can(s) very cold carnation milk (evaporated milk) shopping list
- 1 can(s) 19 0z crushed pineapple shopping list
How to make it
- Crush graham wafers and mix with brown sugar and butter. Press into a 15 x 16 pan(9 x 13 will do as well but this makes a lot so it will be a little higher in the pan) approx 3/4 of the mixture. Save the remaining crumbs for the top. Chill. Dissolve the lemon jello in the 1/2 cup of hot water. Let cool. Add the juice and rind from the lemon and the 1/2 cup of white sugar to the jello. Mix well. Whip the VERY COLD carnation milk until stiff. Add the lemon mixture and the drained crushed pineapple. Pour over crumbs in pan. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and chill.
- This is a very old fashioned dessert that has been around a long time probably when the icebox was popular. It makes a great Summer time dessert as there is no cooking and it is very refreshing on a hot Summer Day!! Enjoy !!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!