Rosemary-lemon Knot RollsFrom choclytcandy 4 years ago
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast (I used SAF Yeast) shopping list
- 1 cup (250ml) water shopping list
- 2½ cups (375g) bread flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- a few sprigs of rosemary shopping list
- For sprinkling and brushing shopping list
- Zest from half lemon, or more shopping list
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place dried yeast, flour, and sea salt in a mixer bowl. Using a spoon mix this ingredients together, then add water, and olive oil. Knead using a dough hook attachment on low speed for 5 to 10 minutes until the dough is elastic. Turn off the machine. Gather the dough into a ball, place it in a lightly grease container, cover, let rest for an hour.
- Take the dough out from container, fold onto itself once. Divide into 8 equal portions, roll into ball, place it on a baking sheet, top the middle with rosemary sprig. Repeat with the rest of the dough in the same manner. Cover the rolls with clean kitchen towel, let rest for an hour. If you want to shape it into knot rolls instead of round rolls, check out this video on how to.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Mix lemon zest, finely chopped rosemary, and coarse sea salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Just prior to load the rolls into oven, brush each with olive oil, then sprinkle some rosemary-lemon mixture. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!