Cranberry Apple DressingFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 11 cups cubed French bread shopping list
- 8 slices bacon shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1 large tart apple cored and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1/4 cup snipped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Place bread crumbs in a roasting pan then bake uncovered at 350 for 10 minutes stirring once.
- Transfer bread crumbs into a very large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon reserving drippings in skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings and cook over medium until onion is tender stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat then stir in apple, cranberries, cider, parsley, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Add apple mixture and bacon to bread crumbs then toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle with enough broth to moisten then toss lightly.
- Place stuffing in a three quart casserole and bake uncovered at 325 for 40 minutes.