Baked Garlic And Onion Cream SoupFrom doreenfish 6 years ago
- 6 large cooking onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme , stripped shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- t tbsps unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups cream (35 %) you can substitute half and half if you like but it won't be as creamy...so worth the extra fat!!! shopping list
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- Optional....croutons or sliced French bread shopping list
- add just before serving and then sprinkle with cheese and parsley shopping list
- no need to melt...just spoon hot soup over top. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the onions and garlic in a shallow roasting pan and add the wine and 2 cups of the chicken stock. Sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt. Dot with butter.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Stir once or twice while baking. Your house will smell amazing!!!
- Remove pan from the oven and puree the onions and garlic with the liquid in batches...I use a hand blender...so easy!!
- Add the remaining cream and stock and blend well.Pour into a large saucepan.Adjust the seasoning and slowly heat through.
- DO NOT ALLOW SOUP TO BOIL AS IT WILL CURDLE AND SEPARATE.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!